Sunday 10 October 2021

Border Reivers, the start

A while ago I picked up a bunch of miniatures second-hand suitable as Anglo-Scottish Border Reivers. These were a mix of actual Border Reivers models from the old Vendel Miniatures range (now with Rose & Thistle Miniatures) and Wargames Foundry Swashbucklers. I had already a few years ago picked up a bunch of Vendel Border Reivers with the intention of organising some skirmish scenarios, promptly put them in a draw, and forgot about them. I now have a substantial number of Border Reivers to make a couple of opposing forces, plus civilians and a few sheep and cattle to rustle. My next likely purchase are some suitable village houses and a Bastle House or Peel Tower as a centerpiece. Rules are likely to be Osprey’s En Garde or Pikeman’s Lament, depending on the size of the game.

I started my painting with my second-hand miniatures first, just painting two or three at a time as a distraction from my larger 19th Century, Flames Of War, and World War III: Team Yankee projects. These are what I have so far.

These are all on foot, but I do have some mounted Reivers to paint as well. So plenty more to come. 






No comments:

Post a Comment

French 1944 to 1945

As you may have seen from my earlier post I have been working on a French 1944-45 Late-war army for Flames Of War. I'm using the Battle ...